Tuesday, August 29

Visa stress and general news

Greetings all. It's been a busy week already and it's only Tuesday!

As some of you know, Jo is about to have her visa interview. The weeks leading up to this point have been extremely stressful. Much more so for her than me, but it's a horrible feeling being here and not being able to do much (anything) to help. I think we've done everything we can do, in terms of getting the volumes of paperwork together, now it's all down to the person on the day of the interview. It's such a full-on thing to have a government department decide if you can be in the same physical location as your partner, especially a government department from another country! Please keep us in your prayers.

As far as other news goes...Dinner at my place went well on Thursday night. We had a big roast chicken (free range) and lots of vegies, although I overcooked some of them (not used to the mega oven yet). There was still plenty of good stuff left so no dramas. Much wine was consumed by all - Tom and I stuck to the aussie reds again. Joanne made a fab lemon meringue pie that topped off the dining experience perfectly ^_^

The weekend was pretty quiet. I went shopping on Saturday morning at my favorite outdoor mall. It was fun to just wander though different places and look at stuff. Got a bit hot though! Speaking of hot, people are saying that this is the hottest summer on record for San Antonio, but I haven't been able to verify that yet. Even if that's not entirely true, it's still jolly hot! The max temps aren't getting hotter but it's just not cooling down at night now. Unrelenting! I got excited yesterday because they were tracking rain for the first time in over a month, but it didn't reach us :( Apparent;y we're in a cold front today though, which means the max temp is below 100 for once! (ok, so it's 99 but it's still below the magic number) The chance of rain has dropped to 20% for tonight, so it's not looking likely.

But enough boring weather talk. I'm off to the supermarket tonight. Simple things make me happy ^_^

No comments: