Tuesday, November 4

I don't think we're still in San Antonio Toto...

A few weekends ago we finally made it to the botanical gardens and I'm really glad we did! It was a refreshing change, but I'll let the pics speak for themselves (mostly because we're going out soon and I have to run).

This lake was full of fish and turtles!


See, turtle! Well, if you squint you can see it. He's about 30cm long (good for soup?)


There were even random springs. Lots of limestone here and plenty of springs pop up from the aquifers below the city. Almost felt like being in a Roman grotto again...almost.

This is one of the big conservatories, and you can just make out the city skyline in the background. I am always surprised by the number of trees in San Antonio!

The interior of the conservatories was pretty impressive even without the 12 meter palms that you could look down on.

These beauties and more were in the orchid house (der) but I think this one looks like it has a tiny monkey inside it :)

This is one of my favorite kinds of orchids so I was stoked to find such a good looking specimen.

Not sure what these were but they sure are pretty.

And the obligatory head shot :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photo's and so nice to see you both looking so well. The flowers are amazing especially the colours. Bet you were glad you made the effort.
It would have been hard for me, looking at those fish, and no fishing rod. Guess you felt the same Jac?
Hugs to you both, Mum