Wednesday, April 18

The prodigal returns...

Hello lovelies, sorry it has been so hideously long since I updated the blog! Argh. The lapse is due to a series of unfortunate events and a little laziness... I had two total hard-drive failures on the laptop, went through a phase of being allergic to every bit of plant life in this crazy city and then got the flu! I have decided to attempt to overwhelm you with a mass of photos in order to distract you from the fact that I've been so horribly slack, mwahahahaha...

Jo and I are doing really well. Spring has well and truly sprung, as you will see. It's the third wettest San Antonian spring on record! We've had storm after storm and bucketloads of rain in between. As I've mentioned, the roads here are cleverly designed to keep all the water on the roads, so we're getting used to the flash flood warnings. Everything here is insanely green and beautiful! I had no idea Texas could look like this, since my last experience of spring was totally dry and desert-like. The oaks, which are usually a sickly shade of grey-green, are now a stunning mass of shiny apple-green leaves (however they're also responsible for the mass of toxic pollen covering everything so we're not on best terms just yet). It's wildflower season at the moment and the roadsides are covered in colour! We've taken a few trips out to the hill country in recent weeks to check out one of the wildflower farms that grow the flowers for seed.

Enough talk, I'll let these pics speak for me for now...

Photos from our trip to Fredericksburg and the Wildseed Farms wildflower farm (the same one Kath and I went to last May...very different this year!)

These "Blue Bonnets" are the national flower of Texas, a kind of tiny lupin.


The mixed poppies are my favorite


No clue what the yellow ones are...


It was lovely to see California poppies again because we accidentally grew so many of them when we lived in Sandy Bay!

The red poppies are by far Jo's favorite...that's why there are so many pics of them!


But they were pretty amazing...




Woot, you made it to the end!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to have you back! Flower pics are lovely, masses of poppies are one of my favourites.

Jac said...

Glad you liked the pics. We were lucky to get up there and see the flowers twice in as many weeks, just gorgeous.

CupKate said...

Such nice flowers. Its sad to think that pretty flowers and trees can make us poor people sneeze so much. Or nasty fruits that taste so good... But we have had lots of grapes lately and they are lovely and don't make me itch... Hope you stay healthy :)

Anonymous said...

How nice it always is to see your lovely faces on the blog : ) It was great to gorge on all the posts! The wildflowers were very pretty and I can imagine how amazing they must be after being so used to dry earth. I loved the coloured eggs too and was especially impressed to see the Yankee candles!!!